The ground breaking ceremony of the estimated RM26 million permanent campus for ITM Cawangan Pahang was done by the Menteri Besar Y.B. Dato Seri Haji Khalil Yaakob on 22 August 1988. The state government of Pahang had allocated 1000 acres of land in Bandar Pusat Jengka, in the Maran district, to be the site for the permanent campus to be built. The campus was built in two phases, the initial phase to accommodate 2500 students and eventually the campus, with its full facilities and infrastructure, to be able to accommodate 4500 students. The land allotment for the campus was divided into a 60:40 ratio, whereby 40 percent of the land would go for development areas, whereas the remaining 60 percent would be utilized for agricultural purposes.
The construction of the new site started in 1988 and amidst the economic crisis which saw the project halted for awhile, was finally completed in 1992. The gradual transfer of UiTM Pahang from Kuantan to Jengka was completed in 1993, thus marking a new era in its history.